1. Having been found guilty, the man was given a severe ________ by the judge.
2. ________ is known to the world, Mark Twain is great American writer.
3. You can’t afford to let the situation get worse. You must take ________ to put it right.
4. Before he left for his vacation he went to the bank to ________ some money.
5. Frankfurt, Germany, is in one of the most ________ populated regions of Western Europe.
6. The police set a ________ to catch the thieves.
7. We have to try every means to ________ the costs of the construction project.
A) bring off
B) bring forth
C) bring down
D) bring back
8. The students were participating ________ an international energy-saving competition between towns in New England and Canada.
9 When she was criticized, she claimed that it was outside her ________ of responsibility.
10. We welcome rain, but a(an) ________ large amount of rainfall will cause floods.
1. Some people believe that since oil is scarce， the ________ of the motor industry is uncertain.
2. To speed up the ________ of letters， the Post Office introduced automatic sorting.
D) departure 来自www.Examw.com
3. These overseas students show great ________ for learning a new language.
4. The defense lawyer was questioning the old man who was one of the ________ of the murder committed last month.
5. Politically these nations tend to be ________， with very high birth rates but poor education and very low levels of literacy.
6. The chairman was blamed for letting his secretary ________ too much work last week.
A) take to
B) take out
C) take away
D) take on
7. “You try to get some sleep. I‘ll ________ the patient’s breakfast， ”said the nurse.
A) see to
B) stick to
C) get to
D) lead to
8. The London Marathon is a difficult race.___ ___， thousands of runners participate every year.
9. The bank refused to ________ him any money， so he had to postpone buying a house.
10. The more a nation‘s companies ________ factories abroad， the smaller that country’s recorded exports will be.
答案：B C D D A C C B D B C B A B A